HDTV, Overview and Buying TipsThe television is an indispensable appliance in almost every household and is usually the main means of family recreation at home. With high usage among households, it is not surprising that televisions evolve so rapidly. The latest and the biggest breakthrough in television is the emergence of HDTV.
HDTV an acronym for High-Definition Television and has been around since early 1960’s but only gain attention in the 1980’s. Just recently, the federal US government mandated that all shipped and imported televisions that enter the US should have digital tuners and HDTV ready by 2007. This is made to accelerate the shift from analog to digital technology. This law boldly propels HDTV technology to a more rapid development like never before and increase household penetration.
HDTV’s increased momentum in the television market is not all about the compliance of the law; HDTV offers a great leap from ordinary viewing experience and cinematic superiority from ordinary TVs.
- Superior Resolution. Resolution is the great factor that differentiates HDTV from ordinary TV. HDTV is capable of displaying up to 1,080 lines of detail in comparison to a meager 480 bank line of regular TV. This big difference in resolution capability is manifested in terms of sharpness, clearness, and crispiness of image and video.
- Reasonable prices. HDTV-ready TV sets are priced reasonably higher than regular TV, but a closer look will tell you that it is actually comparable. Nothing to lose in other words.
- HDTV is the trend. Needless to say, HDTV is the new trend in home appliance. Certainly, regular TVs are going to be phased out sooner than later. However, do not fear; HDTV will not suffer the same fate, not just yet in the next few decades. Next breakthrough will not happen just yet, sure; new things will come but HDTV is outfitted with future-ready features.
General tips in buying TV sets.
Buying TV could be a tough job. There are many models to choose from, colors, brands, features, and prices. Here are some features, and functionalities that should be looked into and tips that could help you choose the right HDTV or regular TV.
- PIP feature. This feature is very helpful as it allows you to view many TV channels or videos from other sources like VHS or DVD all at once in smaller windows.
- Universal remote. Universal remotes could come with your TV sets. These remotes could come in handy as it could command other electronic devices like the DVD players, cable box, VCR’s and many devices.
- Sound capability. Some TVs offer decent audio capability than others. 5 Watts or higher audio system is already respectable. Sound should be crisp and clear and free from sound disturbances.
- Another simple yet important factor is the size of the screen. This is important because you will set-up the TV in your home. Wide screen televisions need space and enough sitting distance. When you sit closest to the screen, the picture quality could be poor. Estimate the size and sitting distance ratio in choosing TV.
- Check for brightness. TVs on display are usually set to its maximum brightness, as such try adjusting brightness to its minimum and check if quality still amenable to you.
- Input and source capability. Check the input and sources that the TV can handle. Try different file formats and sources and check picture quality. The TV should be capable of displaying in high quality for each source like DVD, HDTV, Blu-Ray, DVD, VHS and regular TV signal or can display files and images in different formats.
- Video processing mode. More advance video processing like progressive scanning helps improve picture quality. Advance video processing helps in smoothing edges and transition of moving images that result to better video quality.
- Noise elimination. Modern TV sets are equipped with noise reduction capability. Noise could appear as a snowy dots or faint line of motes on the TV screen. Noises could be inherently introduced depending on the source, and it could be helpful if your TV has noise reduction capability.
- Research first before visiting TV vendor, chances are you will be swayed into buying TV that can turn out to be a disappointment.
Take advantage of your visit to www.tv-hotspot.com by bookmarking or sharing us below.